According to latest US Senate Bill S510 and H.R. 875 it will be illegal to grow, share, trade or sell homegrown food in US. Under US Senate Bill S510, Home land Security personals can raid our backyards and organic food stores on gunpoint in search of “raw-foods”
US Senate Bill S510, the Food Safety Modernization Act, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US.
Let me remind you all US Senate Bill H.R.875: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 is also in process according to section 3 of H.R. 875 defines what type of establishments would be subject to the regulations in this legislation. It that section, a “food production facility” is defined this way:
The term ‘food production facility’ means any farm, ranch, orchard, vineyard, aquaculture facility, or confined animal-feeding operation.
So that would include…..
- All organic farms
- All small farms
- All family farms
- Even small family gardens if you sell any produce to your neighbor at all
Isn’t interesting that first Lady Michelle Obama had dug a plot on the mansion’s south lawn back in 2009 to help provide her children and visitors with fresh, healthy food.
And now her husband going ahead to create a new law by which it illegal to Grow, Share, sell homegrown food in US.
“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” said Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower
Police had already raided the Rawsome Foods organic grocery store with guns drawn in search of “raw-foods”. George Hemminger said the battle over organic foods is heating up because large agricultural businesses and corporations feel threatened by local co-ops and have hijacked the FDA and other government regulatory agencies.
S510 fails on moral, social, economic, political, constitutional, and human survival grounds.
1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency.
2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security.
3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into “the United States.”
4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food.
5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security.
6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals.
7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production – put it in corporate hands and worsen food safety.
8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy.
9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs.
10. It uses food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review.
Monsanto and US Senate Bill S510
Monsanto says it has no interest in the bill and would not benefit from it, but Monsanto’s Michael Taylor who gave us rBGH and unregulated genetically modified (GM) organisms, appears to have designed it and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA (a position unapproved by Congress) to administer the agency it would create — without judicial review — if it passes. S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food and farming.
Our food been controls since the sixties. The government will control product that makes money must go threw them.Why do people in this country find these thing so shocking.This is just the beginning.
|“If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” – Thomas Jefferson
Take a Action Now
1. Use the OpenSecrets.org website to find out how much money your Senators and Representatives receive from corporate interests.
Share what you have found out with the media, blogs, facebook, Twitter, etc.
2. Write to your Senators and Representatives. Express your OUTRAGE. HOLD YOUR SENATORS and REPRESENTATIVES ACCOUNTABLE. You can find your legislators’ contact information here:
a) Tell your Senators to OPPOSE S 510 – Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010
b) Tell your Representative to OPPOSE HR 875 – Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009
- S. 510: FDA Food Safety Modernization Act –
- Bill does NOT include exemptions for farmer to consumer direct sales.
- Bill imposes taxes, registration fees and penalties on local small farmers, including fines up to $1,000,000 a day.
- H.R. 2749: Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009 –
Bill PASSED IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES by roll call vote.
Find link here